martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

Fall has arrived!


Wow... I feel so happy because fall has finally arrived. It's not my favourite season but it's one which I love.


And it arrived yesterday, in the afternoon. I could really notice it because it was rainy and it was cold outside.




Do you know why I do love fall? Well, there are several reasons:
  • I love to feel that cold in the atmosphere.
  • There are lots of beautiful landscapes out there.
  • Leaves begin to fall and I love to see the orange leaves when they're about to fall.
  • I can wear my jackets! I love to wear jackets and, by the way, I bought one at the beginning of September and I'm really anxious to wear it.
  • I love rain. I know it's a little annoying but I really love to feel the drops on my skin!
  • It's a great season to stay warm at home, with your family or those who you love.
  • Or maybe it's the perfect time to be relaxed and enjoy reading a book or writing.
  • And of course... It's Halloween!!

Well... If I have to be honest... I've never seen what is Halloween. What I mean is just that here, in Spain, we don't celebrate it. We've only recieved the feeling of Halloween by the American or English films so I know what it might be but I've never lived it and... I'd be really happy if I could do it once only.

Here in Catalonia (region of Spain) we celebrate a party called "Castañada" which consists of... On the one hand, children in school eat chestnuts (I don't know if you have ever heard about them but they're delicious when they're a little toasted). They're also available in the shops or maybe someone sells them in the street.

On the other hand, people here made (or buy in shops) a kind of food made of mass and toppings which is called "Panellets". These toppings can be chocolate noodles, pinions, almonds or whatever you want to put. They're really tasty.

It's a nice party, but the pity is that nobody puts on any custome, nobody rings any ringer and nobody buys candies or sweets for children. I'd love to see the real essence of Halloween in England or the US. It'd be nice to see what this party represents for them.

Anyway, I love this season and its weather as well. So I hope you enjoy it as much as I'll do.

Tomorrow we don't have class because it's a bank holiday here in Catalonia and I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I've heard that all the museums of Catalonia have a free entrance tomorrow so I may take profit, it'd be really instructive!

And... well it's not a bad idea to increase intellect, isn't it?

Have a nice day and enjoy!

Cherry

...

No hay comentarios: